Monday, March 2, 2015

Curry Butternut Squash Soup

Homey little scene right?


:)

A friend came over because we had talked up our delicious curry butternut squash and pea soup so much, she wanted to try it!

Here's the general recipe we use--

Do everything in one pot (we use an enameled Dutch oven):

Sautee chopped carrots, onion, and mushrooms in a little olive oil

Put in a peeled, cubed butternut squash and about a quart of stock (however much to cover it)

Add spices: garlic, black pepper, curry, ginger, cardamom (we're pretty heavy handed!)

Bring it to a boil, then simmer till the squash is super tender 

Use an immersion hand blender to purée the soup nice and creamy!

Add a bag of frozen peas

Taste and re-spice if needed!

Let simmer till the peas are cooked .. 

And you've got yourself a great soup!!

I'm loving eating my meals at my new table. It's round, not oval like our old one, takes up less space and is adorably cozy.

I don't know why I'm so happy about this table!! Maybe it brings a little of my awesome, adorable, funny grandma's energy to the kitchen :)

Have a great day - I will try to! I'm tired, in general, from working extra and a lot of other  life stuff (MORE house renovations, academic stuff, etc) so I'm trying to actively keep a positive mood (hard for me!).

<3

Namaste 

4 comments:

  1. Nice recipe! Will give it a go next week.

    I've a round table in my kitchen too (not as nice as yours!) because everyone has an equal place. No "head of the table" business, you know? I find that having installed a beautiful pendant stained glass light fixture that a relative made for me above it has turned the kitchen really into the centre of my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have my grandparent's kitchen table in our kitchen. It's gotten kinda dinged up over the years, but it's priceless to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Round tables are great to sit around and share stories ..... good times.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table and the soup sounds so yummy! I think your grandma's love just radiates off it! :)

    ReplyDelete