Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hiking- harder than before!

Chris, Koda and I went up to the Adirondacks for a hike this past weekend  - the Crows. It's a short enough hike, about 3 1/2 miles, but the 1st mile is a pretty steep and constant climb, And I learned something about my body's capabilities right now - climbing isn't really my thing!

I'm not sure what it has to do with, but I think it might be my blood pressure, which is decently low in the best of times but even lower right now. I would have to stop every 10 to 20 feet and get my heart rate to come down. I would get very lightheaded and dizzy with a certain level of exertion. Walking flat or downhill was absolutely fine and I could've gone for miles more.

So we are not really looking at climbing mountains together as a family this summer and fall as things stand. There are a lot of awesome hikes that are mostly flat and lead to beautiful lakes or waterfalls and attractions like that.

Pictures:




I definitely miss the forests and mountains and the Adirondacks in general and I'm ready to get back out there in the coming weekends, but take it a little bit easier :)

Otherwise, I'm doing well, my hunger levels have really evened out. I don't need as many snacks between meals as I did before. I'm happy about that, because I just couldn't seem to get enough food last month! I felt nuts.

That's all for me for now - I'm working overtime this week to bring in a little extra cash, so I have less free time. But I'm still reading and I'll try to write a little bit!

Namaste <3

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this,also i welcome everyone to our motivational health & fitness.I like this it does appear so simple. I will do a little more reading and find out more.

    GE 12L

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are normal blood changes in the second trimester that create some issues with hiking, walking up hill, let alone at elevation. Glad you are listening to your body's feedback. Take care and glad you are getting outside for regular walks, etc. :) I walked up until about 36 weeks, worked at a standup job, then. Boom I took time off until after I healed up from the birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I backpacked 74 miles a couple of years ago with a woman who was 6 months pregnant. This was in the mountains with significant elevation changes. She did great on the downhills and flat stretches but climbing not so much. She was an athlete so it was hard for her to accept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you stress your body you stress the fetus. Choose gentle and easy Be well

    ReplyDelete