Saturday, December 19, 2015

Small Progress

So, despite some hard times (mainly dealing with sleeplessness and a screaming baby!), There has been a little bit of progress, as well.

Something that have been going well:

Feeding Hunter has been going better! Not so painful anymore.

Chris and I are figuring out a schedule that works for us for now. We are sharing baby duties at night so each of us at least gets a shot at sleeping a few hours straight every day!

I've managed to leave the house most days this week, whether just to run an errand, go on a walk, or even to socialize!

I went out without Chris or Hunter one night to see my friends for 3 hours, I left a pumped bottle for the baby and got to feel like myself for a few hours :-) 

I have lost 2 pounds, down to 146. I've been tracking my calories, and am eating over 2000 cal a day to keep my milk supply up. It will take many months at this pace to get my body back where I want it to be, but it's worth it to get back there and to keep my baby healthy at the same time.

So despite there being times where I wonder, what the hell am I doing, there are also times where I'm relatively pleased with how things are going! Ups and downs, for sure. There are days where I feel pretty crazy and completely incompetent, and days like today, where I feel pretty good about myself. I went on a 2.5 mile walk today, the farthest I've been able to walk since I gave birth. That was a good boost, even just to be outside for an hour!

All I am looking for is progress, not perfection. I want Hunter to grow big and strong, I want to find my way back to healthy eating, and I want our family to be happy! I know that it won't always go smoothly, but I think we can get there :-)




8 comments:

  1. He is so beautiful! Things will keep getting easier as you all get accustomed to all of the changes. You'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo. Breast feeding is a huge accomplishment. Adding a family member is a big change, so glad you are adjusting. Kudos for tracking. You may find foods that you eat affect the baby's digestion. Good luck and wishing I could send you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing really well and every day it will become easier. Don't worry about what you can't do, just enjoy what you are doing. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww he is so friggen cute! I haven't hit blogs in forever and I was like umm baby? OH SNAP I FORGOT SHE WAS PREGNANT and would have had the baby by now!!! LOL I last posted a pregnancy announcement myself and umm I am almost 28 weeks so of course you have had your son. Whoops! Glad to hear that things are settling! Your doing an amazing job with him especially with the BF. That is something I was never able to do. (My boobies just don't make enough milk even with prescribed meds)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that is one adorable baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo ... hope you all had a great Christmas.
    Best Wishes for the coming New Year too

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you have a positive outlook! :)

    ReplyDelete