Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Building momentum

Enthusiasm is the energy and force that builds literal momentum of the human soul and mind - Bryant McGill

I applied for a job. Nerves!! I've, weirdly, never had to really apply for a job before. I've definitely never been interviewed before. The archaeology world is small - I knew people and got hired for field work or for teaching without much fuss.

But now I have an official letter of application, resume and references sitting on someone's desk!

And it is just for an administrative assistant, but paying more than I've ever been paid in my life, so I kind of really want the job. It would give me the means to pay my bills and put money into savings and retirement while I look for the dream job.

Trying not to get my hopes up, but I am all kind of giddy and enthusiastic and excited. I'll keep you updated.

I also have a babysitting job this morning!

Feeling good, like I am taking care of business. Ever since I lost my summer job and all the work I did preparing for teaching for the class while I've been unemployed became USELESS, I felt like a big waste. Like I didn't contribute anything to the household this year. But now, I am moving forward. Doing what I have to do to be a good partner and a good homeowner and a good dog owner. Making good steps that will lead to other good steps and then I will be rolling fast with momentum.

I've heard from someone (maybe on a Jillian Michaels' podcast?) that people aren't lucky or unlucky... there are just those who have made themselves and their lives READY so that when opportunity comes along, they can grab it and not let it pass them by.

Taking care of business in this manner is so weirdly related to the mental state that I need to be in to take care of my health and fitness, as well.

I am in a good place right now. Confident and optimistic. That leads me to do what I KNOW needs to be done, whether it be applying for jobs or eating a clean, paleo dinner. (BTW, dinner was awesome last night - ground turkey burgers with tomato and avocado and no buns and zucchini with mushrooms and onions).

Plans for the day:

Dog goes to daycare
Babysit
Farmer's Market
Workout (I want to do a Jillian Michaels DVD this afternoon)
Work on doing calligraphy for wedding invitations
Have friends over for dinner (a totally paleo dinner for me, yay!)

On track, trying to get some good momentum of great choices as I go into a busy weekend full of opportunities to undo all my hard work! The more good choices I make now predicts I will make more good choices in the future :)

So much love and light to all of you out there struggling, I am there with you and trying to get out of it-

Namaste <3

3 comments:

  1. I know all about those job nerves. I have an interview on Friday, my first one since finishing my degree! Man, I hope I don't screw it up. I hope you get it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't screw it up, even if you don't get it, but I hope you do get it :D

      Delete
  2. Good luck, Jeanette!! Fingers & toes crossed for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete