Tuesday, October 13, 2015

35 weeks!

Got heartburn for the first time in my life this week, yikes! Managing by eating smaller meals, sipping my water more slowly, staying propped up and TUMS! It's been manageable but ever-present for three days, ah well.

Doing well otherwise! Sorry for being so quiet but I'm getting closer to finishing my dissertation and that's where my writing energy is going.

Here's me at 35 weeks, feeling pretty darn good:


Hoping baby stays put for at least 3 more weeks, hopefully for the full 5!! But who knows :) Going to keep plugging away at my schoolwork regardless. Everything is ready for baby, though - room is finished, supplies stocked, car seat secured, etc.

Eating a lot lately - I'm ravenous!! But gaining pretty much as expected, around a pound a week :)

Back to work <3

9 comments:

  1. You look so great! That sucks about the heartburn. I remember those days and not fondly. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are looking fantastic! Not long now, I hope it all goes to plan - not long now until you are holding your baby... it's a very special time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extended family member with acid reflux just had these suggestions from her doctor - raise head of her bed by putting it up on blocks. And no food for three hours before bed time.

    Also this list of problem causing foods -
    Oranges, grapefruits and orange juice
    Tomatoes, onion, garlic
    Spicy food
    Peppermint, mint
    High fat foods such as beef, cheese, avocados, nuts
    Wine, beer, cocktails
    Caffeine beverages including coffee, soda, tea, iced tea
    Chocolate
    Carbonated beverages

    Some of that I am sure you know. But there were a few things in there that surprised me.

    You are smart to crank on your dissertation while you can.

    My favorite baby (butt) trick - Resinol. You can buy it at Walgreens. Works great on babies and adults. Ask your doctor, because label is for age 2 and older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable Jeanette. The heartburn will pass. Such an exciting time ahead. Enjoy your sleep while you can:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not long now! You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo, thanks for sharing.
    Not long to go now ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, so exciting. Best post delivery tip (soothies) for you under your shirts... Google it. :) Take care and wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete